Exterior view of No. 2 Factory on Radford Boulevard. Work was completed in 1932 and the building measured 250,000 square foot.The factory continued to produce cigarettes until the 1970s, when Player's moved production to its new Horizon factory.
Every year up until the mid-1970s, John Player & Sons gave its employees a money bonus in March. To mark this, a dance was thrown at the Astoria dancehall in Nottingham (this later became the Sherwood Rooms and is now Ocean nightclub).